Edges of Australia:Some like it hot.

Hard to believe I am back in Australia again. 
The temperature certainly is a change to cold UK.  I spent the first week in Queensland under the invitation of Wrapt Experience. We looked at exploring images and narratives as construct themes for books and folding forms.



I had a chance to take in some welcome drawing session in the nearly morning cool and enjoy this amazing view of the Capricornian coast.
 
My next step was to visit the The Hub Creative Space in Townsville.we explored Torn Paper Drawings as a theme.Looking at re-using old drawings , photos and found papers as a theme and exploring different approaches to working with them. Play and experiment with techniques looked at the points where drawing, collage and stitch converge.


I had a chance to catch up with an old friend from home and loved being introduced to some aspects of here new home in Australia as viewed from Castle Hill with Magnetic Island in the distance.

Whilst away a lovely feature on Tea Flora Tales appeared in the March issue of Stitch magazine. I have had some  more contributions from students here to add to this expanding installation. More news on my return.
On my way to my first three day workshop with Fibre Arts Australia in Traralgon, see you soon.


Comments

Popular Posts